Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the best alternatives to Microsoft Outlook, for Windows, Linux etc.
Just like Open Office as an alternative to Microsoft Office, you can now move to Mozilla Thunderbird as an alternate to Microsoft Outlook.
Why to use Mozilla Thunderbird ?
- Its free
- Its far more light weight than Outlook
- It supports add-ons, plugins, themes, even calendar for reminders etc.
- It now supports tabbing, means now you can open your emails in new tabs, instead of new windows.
- It supports different operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac OS X etc.
- It supports feature to import your Outlook settings to Mozilla Thunderbird
- And many more
Check out the latest version of Thunderbird on its official website:
Thunderbird Official Website
Thunderbird Calendar, Lightning Calendar
Thunderbird also supports Calendar known as Lightning Calendar, which is actually an extension for Thunderbird, you have to install explicitly. Through Lightning Calendar, you will be able to manage your daily schedule tasks or events, directly within Thunderbird.
You can also sync your Thunderbird Calendar with Google Calendar through Provider for Google Calendar addon. For details on Thunderbird Add-ons, check out the next topic.
Thunderbird Add-ons & Themes
Like Mozilla Firefox add-ons and themes, Mozilla Thunderbird also supports different add-ons and themes to make your Thunderbird more powerful, and advanced.
Check out the Official Mozilla Addons website for Thunderbird:
Give it a try and you will enjoy using Thunderbird as an alternative to Microsoft Outlook. If you have something to say or want to share your experience, advantages or disadvantages of using Thunderbird, or any other free alternative to Thunderbird, post your comments here.