To root your Samsung Galay S4 i9500 phone, three things are required from your end.
- Make sure USB Drivers are installed for your device, else download and install Samsung Kies
- CWM (here we will use Philz Touch Recovery)
Download Philz Touch Recovery
Next you need to have Philz Touch Recovery, make sure to download the tar.md5 extension file and not the zip:
Web Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2201860
i9500 Page: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/i9500
Direct Download: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/i9500/philz_touch_6.48.4-i9500.tar.md5
Steps To Root Samsung S4 i9500
After successfully downloading all of the above mentioned files, follow the steps below:
- Enable USB Debugging by going into
Settings -> Developer options -> ( Make the Developer options top right Power button is green i.e. enabled, else press it to enable) -> USB Debugging
- Now power off your phone properly, and then Press Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for a while, unless you see a Warning screen
- Now press the Volume Up button to continue and you will see the Green Android guy
- Open up Odin (preferable is to run the application to Run as Administrator, by choosing the method by right clicking on the Odin.exe file)
- Connect your phone to your computer (Windows may find and install the drivers of your device after you’re connected to the computer, so let it do so)
- In Odin, you will see ID:COM section becomes yellow or blue, giving you signal that your device has been successfully detected by Odin
- If not, then try to re-install the drivers of your device through Kies and/or while connecting your phone to the computer and let Windows install and detect your device in Download mode
- Now, in Odin, click on the PDA option and choose the Philz Reovery file you have downloaded, ending with tar.md5
- Uncheck the Auto Reboot option
- Make sure Re-Partition option is unchecked
- Click on Start button, and wait for a few seconds or minutes to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
- After successful installation, you will get a message of successful installation. You can now remove the USB cable, power off the mobile, probably by putting off the battery and putting it on again, and once done, make your phone ON by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together to start into Recovery Mode / Philz Touch.
- In Recovery Mode, go to Philz Settings option and choose Re-root system (SuperSU). Then choose Yes to Apply SuperSU and confirm the action
- Return to main recovery menu and click Reboot System Now.
- Now Install SuperSu from Google Play Store.
- Launch SuperSU app and update the binaries as normal. Note, if it takes longer while updating, you may wait for a while, like 4-5 mintnues, and then forcefully reboot your phone, and try to again launch SuperSu, and things will become fix themselves hopefully.
And you’re done and successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4, i9500.
Share your concerns, suggestions or feedback regarding above mentioned method of rooting Samsung S4, i9500.