A New Type of CV Style on Blog, may be not that much newer, but may work for the bloggers who did not implement this idea yet.
Employers are welcome to contact me.
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Over 5 years of experience in LAMP architecture using PHP, MySQL, Sphinx Search, Performance Optimization and more. Expert in programming, analyzing, technical documentation, databases, new system development, maintenance, feature enhancement and more. Also worked in Open Source CMS like WordPress and Zen Cart.
Running a successful technology blog, Query Inn, using WordPress.
TradeKey Private Limited
Software Engineer (March 2008 – To Date)
TradeKey.com is said as 2nd largest B2B portal after alibaba.com, having more than 6 Million members from around the world. The application is running on multiple servers, data centers, database servers, domains, languages & more.
Major Responsibilities in TradeKey.com:
- Leading the project team by providing task definitions.
- Developing web based tools using PHP, MySQL, HTML / CSS, Sphinx etc.
Developing and implementing solutions pertaining to the needs of the organization.
Maintain and support existing projects of the organization
Design effective and efficient interfaces to applications and databases.
Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports
Code Reviews of new and critical development, which includes security, code and database performance, code compatibility on different servers etc
Analyze system specifcation and translate system requirements to task specifcation for junior programmers
Responsible for analysis of systems including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems, and solutions to problematic programming
- Documentation to describe program development, logic, coding etc.
Undertake requirements analysis to provide initial software requirements that provide sufficient detail to allow ongoing development.
Undertake design activities to develop sustainable software designs that can be communicated to other team members.
Ensure that all work adheres to company standards.
Act as a role model for junior members of staff, providing technical guidance and the benefit of experience in assisting them to gain their objectives.
Assist the organization in recruitment activities.
Provide periodic status reports to Company Management.
Communicate status regarding ongoing projects, activities, and tasks to stakeholders.
Deployment of projects and tasks on different live servers
Query optimizations to improve website performance
Projects Worked on TradeKey.com:
- Increase in Inquiries through big impact on searching engine / matching engine
- Made a tool of filtration of inquiries, which is now being used by a team of more than 10 people
- Tweaks in matching engines for more search relevancy and accurate results
- Implemented Google Adsense which helped in Sales mission achievement using Google Adsense API
- Implemented Searching on Sphinx for Non english domains of TradeKey.com which helped in achieving Mission Performance
- Reduced page load times of different pages of Tradekey.com which helped in acheiving Mission Performance
- Aussie Greenmarks Installer Stock Management System for an Australian
Company (Aussie Greenmarks – www.aussiegreenmarks.com.au)
- SMS Sending and Receiving website using Twilio API (www.twilio.com)
SMS Sending and Receiving website using Nexmo API (www.nexmo.com)
- Words Matching Tool, using Porter Stemming Algorithm, for checking the words
into documents (pdf / doc files), and show highly matched input sentences on
Online Shopping Cart using Zen Cart
QueryInn (Personal blog using WordPress API)
Hotel Management System in PHP / MySql
iGoogle Gadget for TradeKey:
Library Management System using JSP, Java Script, Apache Tomcat Server 5.0 and SQL Server 2000.
Book Requisition System using JSP, FrontPage 2000, Java Script, SQL Server 2000 and Adobe Photoshop
- Managing WordPress Site for Blog and its Customization for Online Shopping using Plugins etc.
- Managing heavy site of more than 6 Million Registered Members, with heavy traffic
- Database Optimization
- SEO Techniques
- SEO Implementations For Blog, Online Shopping etc.
- Sphinx Search Engine for Fast Full Text Searching (including non english searches)
- Sites & Pages Performance Optimizations
- Debugging of Code, Logics etc. on ongoing and on running websites
- Use & Support Free / Open Source Applications like Ubuntu (Linux), Openoffice.org, GIMP, Google Docs, Notepad ++ etc.
- MS-SQL Server
- MS Access
- Oracle 8i (PL-SQL)
Version Controlling Tools
- Tortoise SVN
- Windows 98/2000/XP
- Linux / Ubuntu
- MS Internet Information Server
- Apache web server
- Tomcat Server
IDEs & Graphics
- Komodo Edit
- Notepad++ with Plugins, Themes etc.
- FrontPage 2000
- Photoshop Alternative, The GIMP
A brief academic overview:
2007: B.S. (Computer Science) from Iqra University, Karachi.
2004: Diploma ACCP (Certified Computer Professional) from APTECH, Karachi.
2000: F.Sc. for H.S.C from Govt. Degree Science & Commerce College.
1998: Matriculation for S.S.C from White House Grammar School.